Based in Chania, the Institute of GeoEnergy (IG) is oriented to basic and applied research on energy production and energy transition, especially regarding the fields of green energy, environment, and conventional fuels’ carbon footprint reduction. Established in 2019, Institute of GeoEnergy (FORTH/IG), is one of the newest research structures of Foundation of Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH).
Professor Nikolaos Pasadakis was appointed as Director of the Institute on November 7, 2019.
The Scientific Council of the Institute was formed on July 10, 2020, and has an executive decision-making role, in order to facilitate research and operational issues and consists of:
- Stamataki Sofia (Chair), Collaborating Faculty Member, School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, NTUA
- Bellas Spyridon, Principal Researcher, FORTH/IG
- Stamatakis Emmanuel, Assistant Researcher, FORTH/IG
- Gontikaki Evina, Assistant Researcher, FORTH/IG
- Yentekakis Ioannis, Collaborating Faculty Member, School of Chemical & Environmental Engineering, TUC
International Scientific Advisory Committee (ISAC)
The International Scientific Advisory Committee (ISAC) of IG has a crucial role in the strategic development of the Institute. Its current members, all long experienced members of the industry and the academia/ research community, were approved by the BoD of FORTH on September 18, 2020:
- Hatzignatiou Dimitrios Georgios, Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of Houston (USA)
- Kantzas Apostolos, Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of Calgary (Canada)
- Krinis Dimitrios, Senior Reservoir Engineering Consultant, Saudi Aramco (Saudi Arabia)
- Vizika-Kavvadias Olga, Scientific Director in Geosciences, IFPEN (France)
- Vlassopoulos Anastasios, CEO HELPE Upstream, (Greece)