The Institute of Geoenergy of the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (IG/FORTH) and the Hellenic Center for Marine Research (HCMR) signed a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation with the aim to strengthen their collaborative activities in research and innovation.
Specifically, the two contracting parties agreed:
- To establish a basis for cooperation on issues of common interest and in particular:
- Study of the effects of natural and anthropogenic pressures on the marine environment
- Development of marine pollution remediation technologies
- Study of the environmental impacts from the exploration and exploitation of energy resources, as well as the carbon footprint management of such activities
- Development of actions related to the circular economy and Citizen Science
- To share research infrastructures, exchange expertise and develop joint research projects
The Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation was signed on 25th October 2022 by the President of the Board of Directors of FORTH, Professor Nektarios Tavernarakis, the Director of the Institute of Geoenergy, Professor Nikolaos Pasadakis, and the Director and President of the Board of Directors of HCMR, Dr. Antonios N. Magoulas.